In January 2012, the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for travelers visiting Sri Lanka. Travelers from almost any country in the world can now apply online without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
The ETA is an official authorization for a short visit to Sri Lanka and is issued electronically. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment is completed. The entire process is quick and easy.
Required Documents to Apply
- A current valid passport with at least 6-month validity.
- A recent color passport size with white background digital photo.
- A credit or debit card.
- The ETA is limited to 30 days Per Entry of stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, and will allow 2 entries.
- The information entered will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and we will send your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
- We suggest passengers verify the information, print it and bring a physical copy on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system. However, we highly recommend clients to keep a copy of it on their electronic device and print it out.
- You cannot obtain a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
NOTE:Citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from obtaining this visa (meaning they can travel there without applying for a visa).